My husband and I tried out different date boxes to give you an idea of what each one offers! This blog post is sharing our experiences with the “Crated With Love” date box company, giving you better insight into what their boxes are like. If you are unfamiliar with date boxes in general, read this previous blog post explaining everything about them – what they are, as well as the pros and cons.
This date box was given to me at no cost to try out, knowing that I would be giving my honest opinion about my experience with it. My opinions are my own, and you get to do what you want with my opinions! I’m just here to give you a peek inside how worth it these different kind of date boxes are, in case you are looking for monthly help in this department :)
With each date box I talk about, we looked at in each experience was the following: how entertaining, how connecting, how expensive, and how well-designed they are.
Crated With Love theme: I Love the 80’s
I was very excited about this box after opening it up and discovering what was inside. The 80’s is a fun theme that I think everyone loves. We decided to enjoy our date with a picnic inside, watching an 80’s movie while we ate. (I had never seen Gremlins so we started watching it but we turned it off because Trevor was worried I would hate animals and pets forever haha).
Instructions on the activities/challenges, some 80’s themed props – a fanny pack, ping pong ball for the power pellet game, some shutter shades, gloves inspired by Michael Jackson and Cyndi Lauper, and some pop rocks candy.
- One of the activities was focused on talking about special moments in your relationship, and I loved how well they incorporated the 80’s theme into this simple activity.
- Overall, the theme ended up being not as entertaining for us because the activities were primarily based on your knowledge of 80’s pop culture, and though I thought I was pretty familiar with that era, we did have a hard time knowing or understanding some references.
- HOWEVER, everything about this date box service impressed me. The instruction cards were so professional-looking and went right along with the bright colors of the 80’s theme. They explained the activities well, while also addressing how each activity can be connecting for your relationship, which is what dates are all about!
- It also included a web address to go to for the answers for the trivia, a recipe for making a treat to go along with the date theme, and some other little extras to enhance the date.
- I like that they are all about keeping the contents of the box minimal in order to keep the price of the boxes lower, making it very affordable.
- As someone who has food allergies, I appreciated their allergy information on their website for those people who are concerned about that.
Details about Crated With Love
- You can buy one-time boxes for $25, which is the most affordable option out of the four services.
- Free shipping, even on one-time boxes.
- They offer subscriptions for $20 a month in 3 months, 6 months, or a year at a time, and you can cancel at any time.
- Looking at other box options they offer, I love reading the inspiration for the themes, in that they focus on an area of your relationship that can use some help, like in the power of words, or reliving the early moments of your relationship.
Guess what? Crated With Love wants to give YOU a discount on trying out their date boxes! Use coupon code: freshlymarried at checkout, to get 15% off on your first subscription!
My overall thoughts and recommendation: This is a creative, well-thought-out, and professionally put together date box service that is perfect for couples looking for an affordable fun date night, and a guided focus on strengthening their emotional intimacy. You just feel like they truly did put some love in it :)
Read the other date box reviews!
- “Unbox Love” Date Box Review
- “Date Night In” Date Box Review
- “Datelivery” Date Box Review (Datelivery has since closed shop)