My husband and I tried out different date boxes to give you an idea of what each one offers! This blog post is sharing our experiences with the “Date Night In” date box company, giving you better insight into what their boxes are like. If you are unfamiliar with date boxes in general, read this previous blog post explaining everything about them – what they are, as well as the pros and cons.
This date box was given to me at no cost to try out, knowing that I would be giving my honest opinion about my experience with it. My opinions are my own, and you get to do what you want with my opinions! I’m just here to give you a peek inside how worth it these different kind of date boxes are, in case you are looking for monthly help in this department :)
With each date box I talk about, we looked at in each experience was the following: how entertaining, how connecting, how expensive, and how professional each service is.
Date Night In Theme: To the moon and back
- A little instructional booklet, cookie dough dry mix, ghiradelli hot cocoa, battery powered lights, white bags for illuminaries, cookie cutters, and a star registry certificate for the official “Date Night In” star! (how cool is that?)
- Upon opening this box, I was quite excited about the theme and seeing everything that it included! This activity had to do with something I’ve been telling Trevor I wanted to understand more about – constellations. So it was right up my alley.
- We were hoping to do this outside but the weather was not permitting. Which was OK because the activities work great in either setting, and the specify that.
- The instructional booklet was super helpful and professional, and I really liked that all of the activity details, instructions, tips, and recipes were all in one booklet, so it truly felt like we just should follow the booklet page to page.
- The cookie dough mix surprised me with how good it tasted for just adding water! However, in order to make proper cut outs with the dough, we had to use some flour to help it not be so sticky. I like that the mix doesn’t make 2 dozen cookies so that you don’t overeat, either haha.
- I liked the Spotify playlist recommendation, it added to the ambiance and the theme, very well.
- We created luminaries with fuel cell candles based on the constellations of Perseus and Andromeda, and it was neat to include a history of their love story to inspire the night! If you want the luminaries to be stronger though, I would suggest putting in a larger candle and making bigger holes in your bag.
- This one had fewer activities focused on talking and connection, which could be seen as a pro or a con. Not every date night has to start with conversations, though. Sometimes you just need some interesting activity and the conversation can flow from there, which is what happened with this activity.
- The star-gazing was super fun! I would recommend paying for the upgraded star chart app though, so you can learn more about individual stars you see, but overall the whole thing went together so well!
Details about Date Night IN
- They offer month-to-month boxes or subscriptions of 3 months, 6 months, or a year, with prices ranging between $42 to $380.
- They give a good description of an example date night box they have done, and then reference that you can see their social media platforms for pictures of past date night themes they have done.
- I LOVE that they have created custom spotify playlists to give you a “soundtrack” to your date night, reinforcing the theme’s atmosphere again.
- They also have boxes for a mom’s night every month for moms to enjoy themselves, as well as faith boxes that focus on cultivating your relationship in your religion, whatever that may be.
- The shipping is included in your price of the box.
My overall thoughts and recommendations: This is a company creating fresh date nights that not only are polished in the complete theme and design but make it so user-friendly with their step by step booklet! Which is PERFECT for the husband who wants to put together a date night surprise but needs help in the dinner, activity, and planning area. No matter who is getting this box, I think couples won’t be disappointed in their experience!
Update: Over the past few years I’ve gotten several comments that subscription cancellation is difficult with this company, and that customer service was hard to work with. Obviously, that wasn’t my experience.
Read the other date box reviews!
- “Unbox Love” Date Box Review
- “Crated With Love” Date Box Review
- “Datelivery” Date Box Review (Datelivery has since closed shop)