My husband and I tried out different date boxes to give you an idea of what each one offers! This blog post is sharing our experiences with the “Datelivery” date box company, giving you better insight into what their boxes are like. If you are unfamiliar with date boxes in general, read this previous blog post explaining everything about them – what they are, as well as the pros and cons.
This date box was purchased on my own, and my opinions are my own. The best part is you get to do what you want with my opinions! I’m just here to give you a peek inside how worth it these different kind of date boxes are, in case you are looking for monthly help in this department :)
With each date box I talk about, We looked at in each experience was the following: how entertaining, how connecting, how expensive, and how professional each service is.
Datelivery theme:”Be a Kid Again”
Fun intro and instructions, Playdoh Pictionary game, exactly like what you think it is. Toppings and treats to go along with your pre-purchased ice cream. Miniature Jenga wood blocks, puzzle pieces, crayons and a two color-by-number sheets, and a Redbox rental code.
- I liked that they kept parts of it a secret, but showed a picture of mostly what was included, so you knew a little about what to expect. Upon opening it I was getting excited because there was a lot included.
- We decided to save the Redbox code for another time since we didn’t see that we needed to get the movie beforehand, and instead just watched Hercules on Netflix. Awesome to have a free movie rental for the future though!
- I liked the jenga game idea because it came with “reward” labels you can put on the blocks and even some blank ones to write in your own rewards! And this game is something you can hold onto and reuse for another time, as well.
- We didn’t end up liking the color-by-number activity because the questions you ask each other were mostly moral dilemma questions that had us looking at the bad qualities in each other rather than encouraging connection.
- It provided a Star Wars puzzle to put together, but it didn’t provide a picture of what the puzzle picture was, or any clue to what it was. That could make doing puzzles more fun, though, especially when they are a small, less challenging puzzle.
- The puzzle package had already been opened, too, and ended up missing a piece, which made it seem less professional and less put together. It’s possible I misplaced it, but with the package opened already, it increased the risk of me losing it.
- It did come with a lot of hands-on physical contents though! Some of the other boxes’ activities were mostly on cards and this one provided lots of things to do.
Details about Datelivery
- They don’t offer subscriptions, each box is priced individually.
- Free shipping on all boxes.
- They show you everything that comes in the box, without giving away all of the activity details.
- I like that they have boxes that could be for girls’ nights or family nights, not just for couples.
- Pricing ranges from $24 to $150 because they have clearance date box themes, individual boxes, as well as bundles where you can buy a few different themes in a discounted package.
My overall thoughts and recommendation: This is such a great option for couples looking to do a unique one-time box every now and then, or who would rather know what’s in their date box than have it be a surprise. It’s also a great option for couples looking to do more family dates together.
Read the other date box reviews!