Life is busy.
There seems to be a never-ending list of stuff to fill our time with: work, school, errands, meal preparation, eating, sleeping, cleaning, exercise, church responsibilities, hobbies, appointments, social activities… You get the point :)
Life can easily suffocate our schedules with endless commitments without leaving time for the ones we love most. To avoid this, my wife and I have set a goal to have an official date night at least once a week. It’s usually not fancy or expensive. Our only requirement is quality time together.
So here are our top ten cheap date night ideas:
- Visit a local grocery store for some ice cream
- Play a sport together – which for us is usually tennis, basketball, or a scooter ride
- Go on a walk
- Go to the local ghetto arcade
- Stream a movie or TV show online
- Go to a local concert – free or cheap
- Set up and knock down a giant set of dominoes
- Cooking a treat – brownies and cookies are our favorites
- Go to the local dollar theater
And I’ve saved the best for last…
- Go to the temple
Spending quality time with my wife is the highlight of my week