My husband and I tried out different date boxes to give you an idea of what each one offers! This blog post is sharing our experiences with the “Unbox Love” date box company, giving you better insight into what their boxes are like. If you are unfamiliar with date boxes in general, read this previous blog post explaining everything about them – what they are, as well as the pros and cons.
This date box was given to me at no cost to try out, knowing that I would be giving my honest opinion about my experience with it. My opinions are my own, and you get to do what you want with my opinions! I’m just here to give you a peek inside how worth it these different kind of date boxes are, in case you are looking for monthly help in this department :)
With each date box I talk about, We looked at in each experience was the following: how entertaining, how connecting, how expensive, and how well-designed they are.
Unbox Love theme: April “spring” Box
A microwave popcorn popper with popcorn kernels, “shut the box” game, “How well do you know me” questions card, tips for enjoying spring, post-it notes for writing love notes to each other, and instructions for everything.
- We loved how it just seemed well thought out and put together!
- I loved that this box was something you can reuse all over again if you wanted to, because they give you things that can be used for any movie night, or any night you just want to play a quick fifteen minute “shut the box” game! The only thing you have to buy again is the popcorn kernels.
- The game was simple but fun! Guess who won a back scratch from winning so much? ;)
- I enjoyed the conversation starter questions of “How well do you know me?” and I was thinking how fun it would be to actually save these for a date night in like another year, and see how well you continue to know your spouse again!
- This box also encouraged further connection by asking you to write love notes to each other throughout the week! It even provides you with 5 different sentences you can start out with and then fill in the blank.
- This box had a suggested music playlist to go to as another way to create a specific atmosphere.
- The only thing that I think could be seen as “negative” was just specific promotion of products they included. But that doesn’t affect the date itself and is just good marketing.
- I liked that we could do most of this date anywhere – inside or outside, so we took it to the lake!
Details about Unbox Love
- You can buy your date box month to month, or do a subscription service of 3 or 6 months at a time.
- Pricing ranges from $39-$34 a month depending on if you do a subscription or just one month at a time.
- Free shipping on all boxes.
- Not everyone gets the same themed box in the same month, which makes it feel unique.
- Of course, they want to keep each coming month’s date details a secret each month, but I like how they give awesome descriptions of several past date boxes so you can get a consistent idea of what to expect.
Guess what? Unbox Love has a coupon code specifically for you, so that you can try one on your own and see if you like it! Use the coupon code: FRESHLY for $10 off any subscription plan on their website, so you can try it for a month, 3 months, or 6 months!
My overall thoughts and recommendation: This is a very well-thought out and put-together service that not only thinks one box at a time but also thinks about how the contents can be used again in the future, which makes it a great bang for your buck. This is a creative option for couples who want to have fun, connect, but not get too far out of their comfort zone.
Read the other date box reviews!
If you want to try recreating a date like this, you can grab a version of “Shut the Box” like this one on amazon. I also found an awesome popcorn popper that looks like the one we have been using! (these are affiliate links so I might make some $ if you buy them.)